UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) Talks About Why He Left The United States of America, But It’s Not Why You Think He Did

Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) Talks About Why He Left The United States of America, But It's Not Why You Think He Did

0
37646

One of my favorite hip hop artist on the planet is Yasiin Bey, aka Mos Def. His raw delivery, word play and conscious lyrics are just want i'm looking for in my hip hop. Something that makes me feel the music, but raises my consciousness in the process.

Many rumors came out about Yasiin after he changed his name and left the country. Around this time last year, a rumor spread that he was banned from the country and not allowed back in. However, this was found to be false after he returned to America on tour in Chicago and Minneapolis.

yasiin bey moving out of americaNevertheless, when citizens of the United States decide to leave the country and live elsewhere, rumors and gossip are bound to start floating around. This is what Yasiin experienced after leaving the country, but he decided to sit down with Beats by Dre to explain his decision.

Surprisingly, he didn't move for the reasons you might have suspected, but for his musical process, creativity and development.

"As an artist and as a human being, working in the way that I work in the world today," Yasiin explains, "It's really America's a very challenging place for me. Sure, there's great business opportunities, familiarity and all that. But given the current social, political, economic climate, it's very difficult. Unnecessarily difficult. To create to the degree of fullness, the type of robust, type of creativity that I like to have, it's very difficult for me to produce that here."

[ADSENSE2]

"As an artist and as a human being, working in the way that I work in the world today," Yasiin explains, "It's really America's a very challenging place for me. Sure, there's great business opportunities, familiarity and all that. But given the current social, political, economic climate, it's very difficult. Unnecessarily difficult. To create to the degree of fullness, the type of robust, type of creativity that I like to have, it's very difficult for me to produce that here."

He continues, "Earth is a very big and open place. That doesn't mean I don't value my family or my audience here in America. It's just that I needed to take some time to put myself in environments where I felt good."

The opportunity to live abroad is a tremendous one and can do a lot for a person's view of the world, dealing with situations and bringing a greater understanding of the world to their life.

"If there's anything I can do with my career, hopefully it's to encourage the generations around me and after me to have that worldview."

It is interesting that Yasiin decided to speak on this issues because my wife and I have talked about living outside of the country in the near future. We believe it will be a great opportunity to see more of the world, gain a global perspective and have some new experiences.

SOUND OFF: What do you think of Yasiin moving out of the country and do you think you ever will?

Source: UpRoxx

SCROLL DOWN TO LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK 

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers