UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Uganda: Such Big Babies, These Men!

Uganda: Such Big Babies, These Men!

30 JULY 2013 

The Observer (Kampala)


Stella, 38, seems out of breath with dirty shirts on her arm, when I carry in 27-year-old Trish's bags with Joanna, 32, close on our heels. The girls are at Stella's for lunch.

Stella: Are men always this messy? Bannange, at this rate my grounds for divorce will be unprecedented!

Katie: Hmm, at least be thankful that he goes to the bathroom by himself; he does not need potty training like puppies.

Joanna: Trouble in paradise? Alur is supposed to be the angel, I thought?

Stella: That he is, but all this picking up after him? Surely!

Trish: And where were you looking when you visited his home while you were dating? The ceiling?

[The other girls laugh so hard, but Stella is not amused.]

Stella: For your information, he was very neat when I visited. There was even a cleaning lady back then...

Trish: ...That is called bait. All guys do that, until you arrive.

Stella: What do you know about what they do until you arrive? You are not married.

Trish: And not aspiring to be any time soon.

Katie: I hear you, Trish. I mean, how do you know he is the one? I bet you, Stella, you didn't know he was untidy when you were dating.

Joanna: Surely he can't be that messy. Reinstate the cleaning lady then.

Stella: Hmm, I fired her for over-efficiency. She was bustling around my house like the 'madam' of the home!

Joanna: So, where is the crisis then? You seem to have made your bed...

Stella: Is it too much for him to put both his socks in the laundry basket, put the toilet seat down and hang up his wet towel? I fear for when my babies come.

Trish: I hear you married people fondly call your husbands your first babies - even as they leave you skid marks in their boxers to wash up. Yuck! Anything for my single life!

Katie: I will drink to that, Trish; let's go, I am thirsty after this man-talk.

Trish takes her bags from me and hands me receipts to go pick up her laundry from the drycleaner's.

___________________________________
Gwokto La'Kitgum

--
UAH forum is devoted to matters of interest to Ugandans and Africans in general. Individuals are responsible for whatever they post on this forum.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com or Abbey Semuwemba at: abbeysemuwemba@gmail.com.
 
 

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers