UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Photojournalist wants to take pic of his look-alike, Uganda's Besigye

Photojournalist wants to take pic of his look-alike, Uganda's Besigye

By Mwaura Samora
Updated Thursday, August 14th 2014 at 18:44 GMT +3
Kiiza Besigye Jeff Ochieng

Standard Media Group's photojournalist who is Kiiza Besigye's lookalike has said, in his first meeting Uganda's opposition leader, he will take a picture of him. Jeff Ochieng was recently thrust into the limelight because of his striking resemblance to President Museveni's greatest rival, Besigye.

"I would like to take a photo with my lookalike but as a photojournalist, if I was to take a photo of him, he would think he is standing in front of a mirror looking at his own image," he told The Nairobian.

Jeff Ochieng' excited social media fans in Uganda, when state-owned newspaper New Vision carried his picture and that of opposition leader Besigye on its website and newspaper on August 13.

Ochieng's  picture, alongside that of the politician, were shared online and some said they were amazed while others wondered whether they were blood relatives.

"I am eager to meet not only Besigye himself, but also his relatives so that they can shed more light on the issue," Ochieng told The Nairobian.

"If he turns out to be my father, I will be very excited because I will finally know if I am related to this popular politician," the 22-year-old photojournalist said. Jeff, whose mother died when he was only 10 years old, said even his relatives do not know the whereabouts of his father.

"Over the past nine years, I have been persistently been asked by people whether I am Besigye's son," the 22-year-old told New Vision recently.

He is fondly referred to as 'Besigye' by his colleagues.

Speaking to the New Vision, Kiiza Besigye, said: "I have never fathered anyone in Nairobi. There are many people who resemble me, but that does not necessarily mean I fathered them. I saw something like that (Ochieng's photo) on the Internet and indeed the man resembles me. But that does not make him my son."

The Ugandan politician, who once worked as a medical doctor at the Agha Khan Hospital in Nairobi before joining Museveni's National Resistance Army in the 1980s, said: "He can visit me. I will be out of the country for some time, but if he comes a week after August 22, I will be glad to meet him."

___________________________________
Gwokto La'Kitgum
"Even a small dog can piss on a tall Building", Jim Hightower

--
UAH forum is devoted to matters of interest to Ugandans. Individuals are responsible for whatever they post on this forum.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com or Abbey Semuwemba at: abbeysemuwemba@gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers