UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} A quick one from our UK Ambassador

By Ambassador Julius Peter Moto,  UK

Lost and found...

In my formative years in 1970s, our school discipline master the late Pece Francis (RIP) from Abiece in the current day Kwania district always told us to return items lost by owners and found by us. 

Fast forward, I am almost 60 years old and loving it. I have lost counts of many lost items and found by me. They also paid dividends. Some of the owners have become my permanent friends to date. 

In a large conference organized by ILO in Geneva in September 1998, someone forgot a bag in the meeting hall on the last day as i remained in the hall reviewing my notes...I picked and opened it up. It had a laptop and a lot of money in a bundle. I didn't count it. I just fondled it and wished it was mine. Laptops was on vogue those days and few people had them. I kept the bag. The owner had already taken a flight back to Canada. The following day, I went back to the convener at ILO and took the bag to them. They asked for my address. I gave them my business card. After one month, I received an email on my yahoo email from the Canada man. He was so grateful for his bag and cash. After about 9 months, the Canada man sent me US$4500 to my bank account that I gave him...I roofed my first house so quickly and kept some of the money, topped it up, and bought my first car, a Mitshubishi Galant. I entered the year 2000k in style with a new house and a car... 

Around September 2009, a parent of a certain girl one time sent Shs 900,000 to my Mobile cell phone. I was so broke! I  didn't use the money. After 30 minutes, I called him and sent it back. You know what? The moolah was for tuition fees for his daughter who was in the final year offering Law at Uganda Christian University Mukono. We became friends to date. His daughter now working has sent to my phone over Shs 2 000 000. I just get MoMo messages unexpectedly! She would not have graduated in time had the said funds landed in the hands of a thief. 

Sometimes I lose items too. It is normal. Miraculously, I get them back because I return for others too.

Do not keep lost and found items that do not belong to you. 

Karma has hears and eyes!

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ugandans at Heart (UAH) Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ugandans-at-heart/CAJgJtm3z%3D-4Zz8g4uXFsfFeuyTZdBKeyvDWo2S_K_MBu8QYWZw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers