UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} How are you going to celebrate if Biden wins?

I won't be celebrating. One problem with liberalism is that we liberals fall for the "see, the is the way things should be" trap and we relax. Trump is NOT the problem. Conservative extremism is. I knew this when I cam home from Afghanistan. But I thought we'd all sort it out in the long run. Now I see that isn't true. To save the US, we MUST confront Proud Boys, white supremacy and the hypocrisy and latent cruelty of the completely immoral and corrupt Republican Party.

I will continue to be an advocate and feed and house abused women and raise my kids. Once my kids are through college though, I'm running for office in my state. I can't keep acting like my service to my country is done. Like I did my part and should now get to relax. That's how we got this mess in the first place. So I adopt the stance John Adams adopted before me. I will be political and artless and principled, I will continue to fight the Taliban even when it is white right wing extremist conservatism here in the US so that my children may live surrounded by art and beauty and philosophy.

My job is clear. We are fighting for the soul of America and if I want my children to participate in the peace and progress and personal ability I crave, I must fight in the trenches. So I shall. I admit that I thought my job was finished after my service and that should have been enough to earn my peace. But it wasn't and reality never cared about individual fantasies. So I'm going to work and 

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ugandans at Heart (UAH) Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ugandans-at-heart/CABfZXG2THMnf94s6O%2B1Zb9EVfGz6YpyM6Pq6DO2KLs%3DE3N97hg%40mail.gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers