UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Immaculate: [UAH] Uganda Police post :Nakivubo Channel Police Booth

MI,
Thanks for stepping out of the uniform for atleast tonight. It was indeed fun to read from you. You should do this more often. It really sounds like a beautiful "night-out"! I loved it and don't worry about your husband or Gen.Kayihura, as I'm sure they understand that sometime you have got to let your hair down, and I think most UAH members loved it.

Now, back to serious business:
1. Thanks for sharing the pictures of the police barracks constructed in the north. If I'm being honest, I didn't know anything about this. I'm sure a lot of forumists didn't know, either. So, the credit probably goes to both you and Hannah for making this possible. You should share such info with us more often, please. Thank you!

2. Somebody posted something here in regards to the emergency police number/s used in Uganda. My understanding was that a lot of people are finding them more or less useless. Is there any way you, guys, could fix this? This is extremely very important.

In most developed nations, the emergency number is of three digits (999 for UK or 911 for USA) as its easy for almost everyone to remember, less time needed to dial it, and it's free on all networks. I'm sure the police could work with phone companies to make this possible, afterall, even them need protection.

Work with phone companies to see to it that mobilephone internet is promoted along the lines of self protection. For instance, because I've got internet on my phone 24l7, if I dial 999 now, the police would know my exact location and come to my rescue, even if I don't get a chance to say anything over the phone. The case of the kidnapped child I read in the Monitor would not have taken long to solve if you had such measures in place. I think the child was a grandson of tycoon, Kirumira.

3. Here are the harder questions and I will totally understand if you don't answer them:
A) I'm curious as to who is funding the construction of police barracks around the country, especially in the north. Is it the World Bank again or someone else?

B) what's the average salary of a police officer in Uganda?

C) what's the real story behind the recorded tapes that were reportedly stolen from the police and now being released to the public?

D) ..................I want UAH members to ask you other questions if they've got any.

Otherwise, it's good to have you and KK on UAH and we shall try to compile this information under the subject: " Achievements of the police under Gen KK", and share it with all our members elsewhere. Keep the photos coming.

Thank you

Abbey

--
UAH forum is devoted to matters of interest to Ugandans. Individuals are responsible for whatever they post on this forum.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com or Abbey Semuwemba at: abbeysemuwemba@gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers