UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Comrade Lima L'Olima dies in exile

Ugandans and friends,

I learnt with much sadness this morning of the passing of Comrade (Augustine) Lima L'Olima who has been living in exile in Australia since the arrival of rule by the gun in Uganda. 

I knew Lima L'Olima very little except, he was an official of the National Union of Students of Uganda, (NUSU) while I was still in high school.  But for his Comradeship and charisma and, as it happens,  I first heard the cliche joke; 'stop bogging down business....' from him. He was telling another student at the NUSU Secretariat at Crested Towers - now a property of dubious Boers and 'friends'.
  
That he was one of the few names and faces I retain (with respect) from those days even with the minimal association tells of the guy. 

About ten years ago a young member of his family approached me - ironically expecting me to know and have his contact! I did not have but managed to get it, spoke to him and reconnected him with the persons. 

But sadly, the 28 wasted years in Australia ended without a second chance to see his ancestral land of Teso - certainly never paying homage to the skulls of Mukura except, their spirits - hopefully in heaven.

I understand plans are under way for the return of his remains - in a week or so - but whatever the case, it is a difficult Saturday for I wonder why, why, why and how we got ourselves into such a mess in which young, smart, nationalist shining stars of Uganda (trained to build for the future) fade off in lands afar - home or abroad while our country loiters in the hands of dubious criminals whose grandparents we have no clue and only whose loot is the talk of ajono joints. Pathetic.

Comrade Lima, strangely you are one of the few whose little contact kindled the real me. For that you are 'lucky', Rest in Peace.

Ochieno
=======

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers