{UAH} WHAT'S THIS CON STILL DOING IN UGANDA? Komuntale's ex Thomas hit by speeding vehicle
Publish Date: May 10, 2015
By Simon Masaba & Eddie Ssejjoba
Princess Komuntale's ex husband Christopher Thomas is admitted at Mulago hospital after he was involved in an accident in the wee hours of Saturday Friday evening.
Christopher was involved in an accident which occurred along Entebbe Road in Najjanankumbi, a Kampala suburb, according to eye witnesses.
Mulago Hospital authorities on Sunday did not comment on his condition. Sources at Mulago said he broke his right arm and had bruises on the face.
Christopher Thomas is admitted at Mulago hospital following a hit and run accident. PHOTO/Facebook/Christopher Duke Thomas
A status update on his facebook wall reads: "For all those who have been wondering what happened to chris. chris was knocked by a hit and run car. But now his condition is promising we are at mulago hospital room7 ward 6(c) thank u for your prayers"
What happened
Police sources say that Thomas, 33, was hit and badly injured at about 2.00am on Saturday morning as he returned from a friend's bar where he had been drinking.
Thomas, who later regained his consciousness after intensive treatment at the Mulago Casualty Unit told doctors and police that he was returning from a bar when he was knocked.
He said that he was crossing Entebbe road at the Zebra Crossing near Madaala Police Post in Kibuye as he went back to his residence in Lubowa after watching a night soccer match at a friend's bar when a car he could not identify hit him and the motorist sped off.
He sustained a fracture on his right arm and bruises on his back and head.
The Zebra Crossing is a black spot along Entebbe Road with many motorists driving at break neck speed especially late in the night.
Thomas was picked by policemen from the nearby post and rushed to Mulago Hospital in a police truck UP 0769 though none of the police personnel including doctors at Mulago identified him.
He was registered and treated at the casualty Unit but was later after he was identified by a doctor, he was transferred to Ward 2B side Room.
On Sunday morning he further transferred to the Private Wing of Ward 6C, Room 7.
"He can now talk and is able to recognize people, he will be well," a source said.
Two ladies who had been attending to him were later joined by two male friends.
Thomas said one of the ladies was a girlfriend to his best friend only identified as Isma.
His cell phone and a few other personal belongings he had at the time of the accident were retained at Katwe police station.
The officer in charge Mulago Police Station, ASP Hasim Kasinga confirmed that Thomas was being treated at Mulago but said they were not allowing people to access his room for security reasons.
"The patient is now in the hands of police and we don't allow people to come to see him for security reasons," Kasinga said adding that they had obtained contacts of his mother in the US and other close relatives whom they were planning to get in touch with.
"As of now, he is being cared for by his friends in Uganda, we shall give him the necessary security," he said.

Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com or Abbey Semuwemba at: abbeysemuwemba@gmail.com.
0 comments:
Post a Comment