{UAH} Allan/Pojim/WBK: Megyn Kelly 'has told Murdoch's investigators she was also sexually harassed by Roger Ailes ' | Daily Mail Online
Megyn Kelly 'has told Murdoch's investigators she was also sexually harassed by Roger Ailes '
- Megyn Kelly has reportedly told 21st Century Fox lawyers that Roger Ailes made unwanted sexual advances towards her about 10 years ago
- Fox News' parent company started investigating Ailes earlier this month, after Gretchen Carlson filed a sexual harassment suit against him
- On Monday, other sources spoke to New York Magazine to say that Rupert Murdoch and his sons are moving to eject Ailes as CEO of Fox News
- If true, the reason for the Murdochs' swiftness in removing Ailes could be tied to Kelly's claims
- 21st Century Fox has declined to comment on the story about Kelly
- Meanwhile, Ailes continues to work from Fox's New York office
The Murdoch family is reportedly moving fast to oust Roger Ailes as CEO of Fox News - and we may have just learned the reason why.
Two sources briefed on the corporate investigation into Ailes told New York Magazine that Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly has joined Gretchen Carlson in accusing the 76-year-old executive of sexual harassment.
Twenty-First Century Fox, Fox News' parent company, hired a New York law firm to investigate Ailes earlier this month, after Carlson filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against him.
When it came time to interview Kelly, she reportedly told lawyers that Ailes made unwanted sexual advances towards her about 10 years ago, when she was working as a legal correspondent in Fox's Washington, DC bureau.
Scroll down for video
The two sources say Kelly described this harassment in detail to the lawyers.
The move to oust Ailes is likely being influenced by Kelly's ongoing contract negotiation with the network.
Kelly has previously hinted that she would be willing to leave the network, but as perhaps it's second most recognizable face behind Bill O'Reilly (who is eyeing retirement) - Fox won't let her go without a fight.
News of Kelly's interview comes just a day after other sources told New York Magazine that Rupert Murdoch and his two sons, James and Lachlan, were gunning to push Ailes out of the company as soon as possible.
The sources who spoke to New York said that lawyers for 21st Century Fox have given Ailes until August 1 to resign, or face being fired for cause.
So far, Ailes team has reportedly not responded to the offer.
Daily Mail Online reached out to 21st Century Fox for comment, but the company declined to comment on the most recent story about Kelly.
Officially, 21st Century Fox, says there has been no resolution to its probe into Ailes.
'This matter is not yet resolved and the review is not concluded,' 21st Century Fox said in a statement.
James Murdoch is the chief executive officer of 21st Century Fox and Chairman of Sky plc., while his older brother Lachlan is the executive chairman of Nova Entertainment and the executive co-chairman of News Corp and 21st Century Fox.
Carlson sued network chief executive Roger Ailes on July 6, claiming she was cut loose after she refused his sexual advances and complained about harassment in the workplace.
Ailes, in a statement, denied the allegations and accused Carlson of filing the lawsuit in retaliation for her contract not being renewed.
Carlson, the former host of a daytime show at Fox who had worked at the network for 11 years, was abruptly let go on June 23.
Nine months earlier, during a meeting with Ailes she called to address her feelings that she had been discriminated against, she alleged he told her that 'you and I should have had a sexual relationship a long time ago.'
The 50-year-old Carlson, who was Miss America in 1989, alleged in her lawsuit that Ailes, who is 76, ogled her, repeatedly commented about her legs, urged her to wear clothes that enhanced her figure and told her she was sexy but 'too much hard work.'
Carlson said she was fired as a host of the morning show 'Fox & Friends' in 2013, and her pay reduced with the transfer to a daytime slot, because she had complained about sexual harassment.
Ailes said that Carlson began to 'conveniently' pursue a lawsuit when she became aware that Fox was not renewing her contract, citing poor ratings. Ratings for her program, 'The Real Story,' were lower than for any other show on the network in June, the Nielsen company said.
Carlson said that Ailes punished her by cutting back on political interviews that she conducted and ending a regular appearance she made on Bill O'Reilly's prime-time program, generally Fox's highest-rated show.
In the lawsuit, Carlson alleges that Ailes did not provide her with anywhere near the network support and promotion provided to other Fox hosts 'who did not complain about harassment and rebuff his sexual advances.'
The lawsuit asks for an unspecified amount of payment for damages. The lawsuit was filed in New Jersey's Bergen County, where Ailes owns a home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment