UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Western Union

Ikanos,

I am stuck up with Western Union- I used to think they are reliable- but I have a person stuck up in Kampala right now who cant get money out since yesterday. First Western Union would not accept her names, because in her ID, apparently in Uganda documents start with SURNAMES first, followed by other names, unlike here in the UK where the first name is christian  and the SURNAME is the last name.  I had sent the money with the christian name first followed by the surname, but I corrected it yesterday. Now I have got a message back from the recipient saying Western Union wants to give her an amount which is less than I have sent, saying it is a typographical error from our end. Even after I have scanned and emailed the actual receipt with the correct details, the bank clerks in Kampala still dont want to give the full amount. I have had  to leave work and go to the Money Exchange to sort out the problem- because the woman needs money so urgently. Her child died in Mulago Hospital two days ago- and is stuck there- she can't remove the body from the mortuary till payment is made. And the the body has to be transported back to Lango.  I have now sent NEW MONEY to my mother, so the funeral directors have to pass via my home to get paid before proceeding to the burial place somewhere in Aduku. I cant imagine our country has really come to this- even burying your own  child has become an impossibility in our country. Just breaks my heart.

Bobby

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers