UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Dr Stella Nyanzi On Diasporans!!!

Some Ugandans in diaspora amuse me. They read about our everyday struggles in Uganda and then they pick up the phone to breathe prescriptions down our ears! If the solutions were that easy, why don't they fly back home and solve our crises?

I facebooked about joining FDC last weekend. This diasporan who has never called me, decided to buy a calling card and talk to me about what a wrong move it is to join any political party in Uganda today. He dissed all the opposition parti...es. Then he proceeded to advise me to join Muntu's camp because, in his view, defiance is ineffective. He advised me not to run for any political position because I would most definitely loose, but if I were to do it, contesting in Masaka would be better than Kampala. He rumbled on about how disunity of opposition strengthens dictator Museveni. He emphasised that if all anti-regime forces united, we could dislodge the incumbent in a flash.

"Come home and unite the different factions yearning for regime change," I replied after listening for a long while.

"What?" He asked.

"Come back home and dislodge Museveni, since you have the easy solution," I replied.

After a long pause, the diasporan hang up.

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers