UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} Dear Gook, our friend John Njoroge quit the club

I FINALLY QUIT ALCOHOL

After nearly 28 years of uninterrupted drinking experience, I have let it go and this time for good. I did this because I realised alcohol has never really helped me in any way because it has never allowed me make my own choices.

My people, 28 years, alcohol decided for me everything because the choices I made were either when drunk or suffering from a hangover through.

Alcohol decided what time I should wake up in the morning, whether or not I should go to work, what time to leave work, what I should eat, where I should eat that which it has told me to eat, who should be my friend, whom I should beat up, how I should drive, how much I should spend and on what. I mean I realised even when sober, my action were influenced by my state of mind and body.

Friends, I realised that alcohol is like a bus ride. You get on the bus expecting to get to a give destination. The bus driver starts the bus and you pay your fare. The ride begins and it is fun, you see and feel nice things. When the bus stops, you have not arrived at you intended destination. You are still at the same spot the only difference is you probably moved to a bad seat. To pay fare again for a bus ride like this does not make sense if you don't reach another destination. 

I have drunk while happy and sad at the same time. I only got temporary relief. The next day or hours later, my status was still the same. I am liking the feeling of feeling sharp and bright. I am beginning to notice things around me I did not know were there. 

Hope some else out there will join me.

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers