UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} IDI AMIN TORTURE CHAMBER TOUR!

I went to the famous "Amin Torture Chamber" to hear for myself how the tour guides were lying to tourists in order to fleece them of their money. I paid for my ticket, and was assigned a tour guide who would take me across the entire premises, explaining to me the history associated with each particular location in the compound. Of course I already knew the history but I never interjected and let the guide speak without knowing who I was. Especially given that I am the son of the very person he was accusing of torture and murder. As for the true history of the site, what I remember in the 70's is that this was an armoury, and it is where the Amin government began. On the evening of 23rd January, officers broke down the gate using an Armoured Personnel Carrier, picked weapons and ammunition, then went out and took over the country. But somehow it is now being branded as "Amin's Torture Chamber"!
Watch the video of my tour here: https://youtu.be/W_rM3beQUNo 

Signed: Mr. Hussein Lumumba Amin
Kampala, Uganda.

- The true history about this location with picture of the person who knocked armoury door to start 1971 coup: https://www.facebook.com/100044192271275/posts/pfbid0ECevgyxKhvDW6BQkpnMbec3HyRpseT6w2odzFSKKiJYaQPuZLDac5CTfYiDGHgyWl/?app=fbl

- Daily Monitor article "I Broke Armoury Door to Begin 1971 Coup": monitor.co.ug/uganda/news/insight/i-knocked-the-armoury-door-to-begin-1971-coup-1642456

- What President Idi Amin himself told me about the same events (I put that untold history in writing in 2013): ugandansatheart.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/wasnt-amin-forced-to-rule-at-gun-point/amp/

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ugandans at Heart (UAH) Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ugandans-at-heart/CAGtzWLpTZJY%3DmDzhVA48fyM62Y5c1zRB5QR%2BGKoK4pnmw2zdRw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers