UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} A story from my neck of the forest

Baboons,

I didn't know Board Members of a company could be hired by regular competition. I thought they ought to be insiders or veterans of a company but bwoyiii was I wrong 

This serves as a eye opener for job seekers that there are bigger fishes out there larger than life - if I may add.

Story is that last Wednesday some USA dude connected with this Baboon on LinkedIn.

No, we really didn't link because we don't subscribe to each other on LinkedIn but somehow he was able to smoke me out of my spiderhole.

Here I was, minding my own business and weird thoughts then, ping....! An email notice.

Baboon opens the email and proceeds to dismember its contents.

Emailer begins with a serious apology for surprising the Baboon with the unexpected email.

Email said Emailer urgently wanted to talk to this Baboon for a high-level job.

As a 16year old consultant in professional consulting and with a diverse background experience spanning Healthcare, Project Management, Finance and IT we are conditioned to listen and respond to every contact.

That's what I did.

After the apology Emailer said he had been stalking my professional profile on LinkedIn for a couple years and this time needed to open  up to the Baboon 

Next paragraph requested the Baboon to setup a virtual meeting within the next 3 days.

I am a very impatient dudestar so I setup the meeting immediately for following day - which was Thursday yesterday 

30 mins before the meeting, pinnnng...! Another email reminding me about the meeting and a link to a video he requested me to preview b4 the meeting.

The video was a shocking surprise to the Baboon. It dwelt on the position of a company Board Member and for a while kept pinching and telling myself "What the heck...!" before ending with "holy fk, it is real!".

The video detailed why I was contacted and elaborated on the position of Board Member advisory role. Board Member in what organization or company was what I didn't know.

Time for the meeting comes and here was the Baboon speaking to a lady I was told by Emailer was his boss, and the Emailer 

Cut a long story short, lady told me I was selected for a meet & greet and it wasn't an interview per se as I would have expected since I hadn't applied for a job position of that nature and that I needed no interview bcos my LinkedIn resume answered all.

So, there was talk about me being a Board Member in an American company where I was given the choices of three companies based on my background 

Of course I slapped myself to wake up from a false dream but I was really awake.

One in healthcare another in IT and another in a federal agency 

Shortly after I asked if it was normal to post Board Member positions as competitions. Short answer was, yes.

Then talk shifted fast to compensation and that was when I reĺapsed and concluded I was dreaming. 

A beginner's annual of a whooping US$350k per annum - plus numerous perks and goodies.

I chuckled a bit then said "you guys know I am Canadian, right? Not American". Again short answer was, yes.

I chose the IT company with a pinch of healthcare tech since healthcare is such a big deal of an issue in the US.

After the meet&greet, again pinnnng...!", another email.

Email detailed the offer and an attached folder the size of a national constitution.

Right now as I write, I can tell you my fellow Baboons, Guerillas, Orangutans, Bonobos and all other smaller apes that this Baboon will be onboarded next Thursday as a Board Member to a US company - name withheld - due to confidentiality and security reasons.

No relocation required but lots of travels across the good'ol US of A.

My first shower on Day One will be in a bath of snow. Fortunately Canada is never lacking of the substance 

This is to cushion my clucking knees when I first meet members I know will be predominantly White.

Question that I will forever live with is, "Why the Baboon with a strangely obvious self betraying accent?".

Consolation is "The brain". It got something daiyummmm valuable to Whiteman even if a Baboon doesn't know.

There will definitely be Thanksgiving, Kagutastani-style, in my Eskimo Igloo mansion up in True North - Canada that is. Invitation is extended to all Baboons with winter-proof seal or walrus skin coats - Son Of Kaguta included.

--
Disclaimer:Everyone posting to this Forum bears the sole responsibility for any legal consequences of his or her postings, and hence statements and facts must be presented responsibly. Your continued membership signifies that you agree to this disclaimer and pledge to abide by our Rules and Guidelines.To unsubscribe from this group, send email to: ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ugandans at Heart (UAH) Community" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ugandans-at-heart+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ugandans-at-heart/CAJH1UbCJ55eRn5mpV4uigABWdn_G%3DWxerR6KPoH9Wqej0Yc%3D8A%40mail.gmail.com.

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers