UAH is secular, intellectual and non-aligned politically, culturally or religiously email discussion group.


{UAH} THE ART OF LYING TRUTHFULLY

THE ART OF LYING TRUTHFULLY

In parochial school,  students are taught that lying is a sin. 
However, instructions also advised that using a bit of imagination  was 
OK to express the truth differently without  lying.  
  
Below is a perfect example of those  teachings: 
  
GETTING A HAIR DRYER THROUGH CUSTOMS
  
An attractive  young woman on a flight from Ireland asked the Priest 
beside her, 'Father , may I ask a favour?' ' 
  
'Of course child. What may I do for you?', replied the priest.
  
'Well, I bought my  mother an expensive hair dryer for her birthday. It 
is unopened but well over  the customs limits and I'm afraid they'll confiscate it. 
  
Is there any way  you could carry it through customs for me?  Hide it 
under your robes  perhaps?' 
  
'I would love to help you, dear, but I must warn  you, I will not lie.' 
  
'With your honest face, Father, no one  will question you.' 
  
When they got to Customs, she let the priest go  first.  The official 
asked, 'Father , do you have anything  to declare?' 
  
'From the top of my head down to my waist I  have nothing to declare.' 
  
The official thought this answer strange, so  asked, 'And what do you have to declare from your waist to the  floor?' 
  
'I have a marvellous instrument designed to be used  on a woman, but which is, to date, unused.' 
  
Roaring with laughter, the  official said, 'Go ahead,  Father.'
___________________________________
Gwokto La'Kitgum
"Even a small dog can piss on a tall Building", Jim Hightower

Sharing is Caring:


WE LOVE COMMENTS


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers